Glaxsy S4 Messages app over wifi
Ttiamus
Enthusiast - Level 1

So I heard they finally allowed phones to send over wifi with the new Verizon Messages update. From what I've been reading in this http://forum.xda-developers.com/verizon-galaxy-s5/general/verizon-messages-t2818308/page3 It seems true. I have a Galaxy S4 that I have been testing with tonight to try to get it to send over wifi. What I have been doing is putting the phone into airplane mode to disable calling and messaging and data, then turning the wifi back on. This way the only thing that is running on the phone is the wifi. I tested that the wifi is indeed working by pulling up Google and doing random searches. With the integrated messages pulled up on my PC, I sent myself a message from my phone (several times to be sure) but none of them were received either on the PC or on the phone with only the wifi on. Everything that I can tells says that this should be working. After a couple minutes of trying to send it pops up a message similar to  "Network unavailable, will try to send when mobile network is found or when connected to wireless network"

Am I misunderstanding that I can not do this on an S4? Am I doing something wrong? What's going on?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Glaxsy S4 Messages app over wifi
Ttiamus
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sorry figured it out. The integrated messaging on the phone was interrupted during setup somehow. Once I restarted that and it finished, it started working. Cheers!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Glaxsy S4 Messages app over wifi
Ttiamus
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sorry figured it out. The integrated messaging on the phone was interrupted during setup somehow. Once I restarted that and it finished, it started working. Cheers!

0 Likes