Google Account Access
kbk_sbbq

My mother-in-law recently passed. We have her phone now. There are photos saved to her Google account. None of us know her password to get to those photos. We can't seem to answer any of the Google questions correctly to gain access to transfer them from her phone to ours. Many have her and family in them. Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Google Account Access
bearone21
Legend

enter phone number

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kbk'sbbq, I'm sorry about your loss. I know memories through pictures can be all the more precious at this time. Do you know if she saved this pictures to the Verizon Cloud?

We do not have access to the Google systems but you might want to approach them about resetting the Google password as this should be the same for the Google Drive.

JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

My suggestion would be to contact Google since it is a Google account.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

If you can access the device and go into the Photos app you can use the email address on the device to send them to yourself. Are you 100% positive that the photos are on the Google Cloud only and not on the device?

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

they can't get in, that's why they posed the original ost!!!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

If the phone is available and they can get into the phone the Google Photos app does not need a password.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

IM sorry for your loss; however passwords and such exist for a reason. The chances of you getting into her account are slim to none. For security reasons even Google may not do anything. I have a friend who died and all his social media accounts are still up because of password protection. I would think that the only thing they MAY do is either shut down the accounts altogether or if someone has power of attorney prior to death that would help.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Your best bet is hope they set up inactive account up. If no activity happens for a time period it'll give the email and password to the people you have filled out. My wife and kids will get mine in the event I never do anything for 6 months. It even lets you set up messages for them.

0 Likes