Google Calendar questions
Grundberg
Enthusiast - Level 2

There are some Google Calendar nuances that I cannot quite understand. I'm hoping that someone on the Forum might assist.

*** I'm using the newest Google Calendar app, v5.5.12.

DELETED CONTACTS' BIRTHDAYS

Oftentimes, a deleted Contact's birthday will remain on the Calendar for too long. Even if I go into Accounts and sync Google Calendar, the birthday remains. It eventually disappears from the Calendar, but I haven't figured out how.

LONG-TERM EVENTS

I recently added an event to the Calendar four years outward (i.e. driver's license renewal). It registered, but it didn't get added to the Calendar. Why, and what might've went wrong?

DIFFERENT CALENDAR TYPES

I'm still confused as to why Google uses three different Calendar types:

myname@gmail.com

Events

Reminders

My Calendar

My calendar

More

Birthdays

Holidays

Why three calendars, why not just one? Because of this, my birthdays appear on two calendars: My Calendar and Birthdays. So I have My Calendar unchecked. So when I add new events, what is the recommended Calendar to add them to?

Please provide any information you can. Thanks in advance. Smiley Happy

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Google Calendar questions
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The "My Calendar" is the phone only calendar. It will not sync to your Gmail account. You should put new events in the Gmail calendar to sync with your account and other devices.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The "My Calendar" is the phone only calendar. It will not sync to your Gmail account. You should put new events in the Gmail calendar to sync with your account and other devices.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Grundberg, having your life events planned out on your device calendar is very important. I want to make sure that we help out as much as we can. Ann154 provided you with a great suggestion. I would recommend adding the new events to Google Calendar. This way it will be saved to your Gmail information thats on the device. Do you know what calendar you added the long-term event on for? Keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Grundberg
Enthusiast - Level 2

KevinR_VZW:

When I set an Event, I get to choose whether to save it to my GMail calendar (Events) or to My Calendar.

When I set a Reminder, it defaults to my GMail calendar. But somehow, a Reminder set for four years out doesn't get added to the calendar.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I depend on my calendar for everything. Grundberg let's make sure your events aren't lost. So that we may continue to troubleshoot, I have sent you a Private Message.

RosanneM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Grundberg
Enthusiast - Level 2

Rosanne,

I'm just receiving this. I checked my Private Messages, and when I click on them, nothing happens. I'm not able to read any of my Private Messages (even if they've already been read).

Please assist, as I would like to investigate this issue. Thanks! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you go to https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox to view the forum private messages?

0 Likes