Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Google Home from Pixel 2 cannot connect to Wi-Fi
SUDHA0401

I recently purchased a Pixel 2 phone from Verizon along with a Google Home smart speaker. I downloaded Google Home on Pixel 2 and tried to get it to connect to my 5Ghz FiOS router. No luck. Google Home just takes forever and it looks like it will not connect. Pixel 2 phone itself has no problem connecting to the same router on 5Ghz. I tried to manually enter th Wi-Fi key and that too did not work. Any help appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Google Home from Pixel 2 cannot connect to Wi-Fi
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Have you tried to see if it would connect to a 2.4 GHz network to verify the Wi-Fi chip works correctly on the speaker?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Re: Google Home from Pixel 2 cannot connect to Wi-Fi
stef7

My reaction was the same as Ann154's. Try connecting to 2.4GHz.

The specs here suggests it supports 5GHz as well, but...

Google Home Tech Specs - Google Store

0 Likes