Google Keeps Cutting Out
JaBeaK

I have an LG G6 phone and, when I open it, I keep getting the message "unfortunately Google has stopped" with an (ONLY) option to close the Google app.  What is going on?  I have tried multiple tweaks of the app and my account on such app and I keep getting this message.  HELP!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Google Keeps Cutting Out
bearone21
Legend

reboot the phone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JaBeaK. That behavior out of any phone is a nuisance for sure. My apologies up front that we perhaps will be trying some of the tweaks you've tried thus far. The first item to confirm is that the LG G6 is all up to date with its software. What happens when following the "Software Update Instructions " steps here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/lg-g6-update/

DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JaBeaK, I've run into that issue myself. I apologize for the inconvenience. Let's work on this matter together. The first thing I'd do is a quick soft reboot of your LG G6 by powering it completely off for 30 seconds, then powering it right back on, allowing your device to regain signal access. Once it does, try re-accessing the app again.

If the issue persists, then I recommend clearing the app's cache. If/when your device runs slow, crashes or resets, or apps freeze when running them, clearing the cached data may help. This website link will provide visual steps to assist you at: http://vz.to/2y45ek8. I hope this is beneficial. Please keep us updated. - RobertC_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Go to the Google app in the settings and clear the Cache and Data.

0 Likes
JaBeaK

Phone is current regarding updates.  Cache clearing (for ALL apps) did not do the trick either.  Have also tried rebooting the phone to no avail.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I do appreciate all that you have done so far Sprmankalel. We will not give up on this. When you go into Settings>Apps do you see "Download Manager?" If you do please clear cache and data. Please make sure that all your apps are http://spr.ly/6587D6kVV updated including Google.

AmberF_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes