Google Navigation GPS Is Showing Blanked out Screen
jufkii

Audio /GPS talking to you works fine,and the GPS will guide me to the destination .

But there is only a blank , black colored screen showing in the middle where the streets and moving direction arrow should be displayed.

Any idea why this is happening or how to get the screen to display everything it is supposed to again?

Phone is an LG Optimus VS415PP

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Google Navigation GPS Is Showing Blanked out Screen
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jufkii,

We can definitely understand why this is a concern for you. GPS is something many of us have come to rely upon. While we don't provide support for 3rd party apps, we can assist with some basic troubleshooting. Let's figure out what's going on. When did you start having this trouble? What changes were made prior to the app not showing the actual map?

ShawnteJ_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jufkii

Hello. Trouble started last week. I had it "fixed" for one day by removing all updates with the Maps App and going back to the original version before updates,. That only worked for one day before it reverted back to same issue of blacked out screen again.

In addition it now won't work at all due to a message on screen saying GPS not working,no reception,try again later.

In addition I have the Waze navigation app on the phone that I added a year ago. That also is having no reception problems.

About 2 weeks ago I uninstalled a differentapp I added over a year ago.Went to Play Store to reinstall the app. Could not access Play Store. Message came up I had to sign in to my Google account first. Then showed i was signed in but Play Store still would not let me access Play Store with message saying I needed to sign in first even though i was signed in.

Finally had to create a 3rd Google account/new password before I could access Play Store again and finally reinstall the App I wanted.

Do not know if the Play Store/Password is related to the GPS issue,but both happened about the same time. the only real changes I can think of for now.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is it possible the Google Play Services was disabled for some reason?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jufkii

It's possible.

I have no idea how I could of been signed out as I did not knowingly  do so myself.

Not even sure if password and playstore issue is related to Maps Nav problem but on another message board one person who had same issue thought it was.

Another fixed his same issue by removing updates to app and using original  version . that fix worked for me for one day only.

Yesterday out of the blue phone wanted me to re set up my voice mail with a new password and greeting message from the original ones I've been using for over a year and a half.

0 Likes