Re: Google Nexus 5 - complain directly to Verizon
junctionivy

I currently have a Nexus 4 smartphone from Verizon, and if they ever want me to upgrade, they will have to offer the Nexus 5 on "the Network".

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Nexus 4 was never available on the Verizon Wireless network. You might have the Galaxy Nexus phone which was available for Verizon Wireless.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jlsr222

Verizons own stupidity and greed causes them not to get anymore nexus products. You wont let the nexus 7 on your network so you can release your own failed 7" tablet, who was going to buy that. The could keep there spin of the testing, no one is believing them. Just like it takes them months to release updates. I was shocked with the Moto X fast update, but that will not happen again I bet. Not to mention the poor handling of the galaxy nexus which I am still using. AT&T here I come

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Uhm..

Google admitted they screwed up on the authentication code.  You can put a Nexus on Verizon's network no problem...  The problem...  You can't activate the sim card through the Nexus 7. 

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I thought there was a small update to the Nexus 7 LTE tablet around the time VZW started to sell the tablet which fixed the code to activate a VZW SIM card.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jlsr222

I don't think that is correct as far as putting a nexus on Verizon. No Nexus 4 or 5. If the rumors of a red nexus 5 on Verizon is true. Might as well wait for nexus 6. Which they prob won't get.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You brought up the Nexus 7.  I am responding to that remark as it not working on Verizon.  The Nexus 7 can't activate the sim cards as what Google said in Google groups and the reps said they messed up on the code...  It'll work and people have it working by activating the sim in another tablet.  It had NOTHING to do with Verizon releasing their own tablet.

Also the update process is less involved with the carriers than people make it out to be...  Manufacturers like Motorola, Google, Sony, and HTC has shown the process multiple times.  Carriers do not touch the code at all.  They only test it and their testing admittedly by these companies usually doesn't take longer than a month.  What takes the longest has ALWAYS been governmental approval, and licensing.  That within it own right can take UP TO 6 months, and at times BEYOND that(Google/Sony AOSP project).

If you want a Nexus and you want to be heard.  Move to a carrier that allows Nexus devices... Speak with your money and the market will reflect it.  Devices don't make the network sadly.

Ann154 Correct, but I was pointing that it does work and had nothing to do with Verizon wanting to release their own Tablet.

0 Likes
jlsr222

Yes it does take the OEM time to send updates, however must other major carriers are way faster then Verizon in putting out updates. Maybe they have gotten better since I no longer get updates on my phone. But the Galaxy Nexus was botched so bad by Verizon. I doubt anything has changed.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

That's because Verizon doesn't care or give special privy to be on their network.  If that bothers you then move to another carrier and buy the Nexus.  Money talks, and Verizon is doing something right when more people are coming than going.  Network matters more than the devices, and Verizon has proved it for years.

All updates start with OEMs.  I have yet to see an update that doesn't happen on a device that happens on other devices.

The Nexus was an exception.  Google actually dropped support the Galaxy Nexus for Verizon in their Google groups, and JBQ when asked never said if they submitted anything to Verizon.  Let alone release source code like before.

0 Likes
jlsr222

I serious dont think people are switching to Verizon in that great of numbers. Your comment of Network matters more then devices is a opinion unless you speaking of a second rate carrier. These was not about the Galaxy Nexus, it was a point of how verizon was horrible with any updates when the phone came out. No Nexus phones, no oneplusone. The pattern: if we cant put our crapware on the phone we dont want it so dont make it for our network. 

0 Likes