Google Voice Dialer took over Bluetooth Voice Dialer since latest Droid update
kili
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since the update, Google Voice Dialer has replaced Bluetooth Voice Dialer.  Droid will not let me change the Bluetooth settings.  It says Bluetooth is "on", but is functioning through Google Voice Dialer.

Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Google Voice Dialer took over Bluetooth Voice Dialer since latest Droid update
bcronknc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Try this:

Goto Google Play and select MyApps for updates to installed apps on your phone.  Scroll down to Google Search execute an update..After the update is complete open your phone and tap the microphone key one time.  On my phone a menu popped up asking if I wanted to use Voice Command or Google Search.  My selection was Voice Command and Always

View solution in original post

Re: Google Voice Dialer took over Bluetooth Voice Dialer since latest Droid update
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which android phone do you have? There have been several models recently getting updates.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
BMac444

I am having the same problem and Google voice dialer does not recognize anything i say.  totally frustrating.

0 Likes
BMac444

droid 4

Brian <Personal information removed for privacy per the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
battle2012

I also am having the same problem, I called the support desk and was told that no one else is having this issue. Also my apps have all "rearranged" themselves and I cant get them back where I want them.

I am soooo not happy with this phone.

0 Likes
willw

I am also having the same problem.  Ready to throw out this phone! 

Google voice dialer not only does not recognize anything but the command voice and tone is irritating ... SPEAK NOW!!! ... DIDN'T CATCH THAT (and hangs up) .  The original Voice Command app was much better ..."please wait' ... say a command".

The only way I found I can use Voice Command is not to use the Bluetooth command button but to select the app from the phone ... defeats the reason for have Bluetooth!

How can I get rid of Google voice dialer and get the Voice Command app back?  I have the Droid Razor Maxx.

0 Likes
bcronknc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same problem! The Google dialer picks the wrong contact every time! How can we change this default back to the Nuance dailer?

0 Likes
bcronknc
Enthusiast - Level 2

<Duplicate post deleted for cross posting per the .  See https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/950192#950192 for the original message.>

0 Likes
bcronknc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Try this:

Goto Google Play and select MyApps for updates to installed apps on your phone.  Scroll down to Google Search execute an update..After the update is complete open your phone and tap the microphone key one time.  On my phone a menu popped up asking if I wanted to use Voice Command or Google Search.  My selection was Voice Command and Always

BMac444

This worked!  Back in business with voice command.  Thanks much!

Try this: Goto Google Play and select MyApps for updates to installed apps on your phone.  Scroll down to Google Search execute an update..After the update is complete open your phone and tap the microphone key one time.  On my phone a menu popped up asking if I wanted to use Voice Command or Google Search.  My selection was Voice Command and Always

<< Message edited to comply with >>

0 Likes