Google Wallet vs. ISIS What gives?
Chowderman
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, Verizon Wireless, you aren't supporting Google Wallet in favour of ISIS.

I understand the company has a stake in it, so that part makes what doesn't is this;

Google Wallet - It something customers can use, it works, its widely available, yet Verizon Wireless, you deny us this...

Instead

ISIS - works like Google Wallet whatever...but every time I check up on it...Its only available in Salt Lake City and Austin!! In case you aren't aware you have millions of customers outside those two cities! Verizon customers aren't limited to those two cities. https://www.paywithisis.com/where-to-use.xhtml

So in favour of allowing devices to support applications people can actually use, you make it unavailable and the only option there is being an application that many people cannot use. Very Poor business model.

Don't you think its time to update?

Labels (1)
Re: Google Wallet vs. ISIS What gives?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can request a NFC SIM card through customer service even if you don't live in the pilot cities.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

dudasd1
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK Ann....,and that does what to rectify the fact that the service doesn't work anywhere but Podunk nowhere? I want to use it In NYC and Miami....does my secure SIM magically make it work there? My Nexus7 works just fine in those locations via Google Wallet. That is the point of this argument.

rcschnoor
Legend

Read "https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/969186#969186"

You can use Isis in locations outside of the 2 pilot cities. I have been using it in NY and DC for the past several months.

B33
Legend

Is that the only Locations that has that program right Now ? RC  And a Good morning to ya..

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Salt Lake City and Austin, TX are the locations which are being advertised as the pilot locations, but Isis will work at most retailers nationwide where the contactless payment icon is displayed on the device which accepts payment.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Ok  it sounds like a Nice thing to have on a Phone but I was thinking it's Just on a Select few isn't that Correct.. I wouldn't mind having it on my Maxx and it might be on it already..  i'm just not aware of it..

0 Likes
scottslc
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why I hate isis!

Here's my take.  Isis is going to ruin the whole nfc payment program.  3 of 4 major carriers have created it blocking google wallet.  Here's the problem.  isis is only available in 2 test markets. the you can order a chip argument is completely lame. The phones that support the isis chip are only a handful and the payment cards isis supports are even fewer.  Capitol one saw the writing on the wall and pulled out.  I love the NFC technology but your killing it with your exclusion of google wallet on our phones.

Time to let this one die verizon.  its a dead horse and your just pissing off your client base.

rcschnoor
Legend

scottslc wrote:

Why I hate isis!

Here's the problem.  isis is only available in 2 test markets. the you can order a chip argument is completely lame.

The SIM cards are only available in 2 test markets, currently. Isis will work nationwide in locations which currently have touchless payment available. See THIS thread. I have been using Isis in NY, Washington DC and Boston since around May of this year.

Your "you can order a chip argument is completely lame" is a bit off base. I ordered one and received it the next day. A large portion of Verizon customers prefer to order their phones online BECAUSE THEY DON'T LIKE GOING TO VERIZON STORES. It seems if the SIM cards were available nationwide, those people would just as likely want to order it online anyway. It took all of 5 minutes of my time to place the order for the SIM over the phone, MUCH less time than if I had to drive to the store to pick one up. Received the SIM card less than 24 hours later.

Regardless, I have read where Isis will be rolled out nationwide by the end of the year and you would then be able to pick up a new SIM at a local store at that time if you don't have the 5 minutes to order one over the phone.

As to Isis not accepting more cards, I have no argument there. Currently, I only have the AMEX which will work. However, I have read that more cards will be eligible when it is rolled out nationwide. We will see.

0 Likes
scottslc
Enthusiast - Level 1

Your assuming that u have one of the VERY few phones that you can get an isis chip for.  Again, few phones, few cards, losing program. 

BTW i ordered an amex prepaid card just to work with isis. (i just don't want another credit card, my visa is enough) Think isis took that? Nope, isis only works with certain amex cards.  Thanks isis.

0 Likes