Google voice error at startup (Droid Eris)
Sashazur

Every time I turn on my phone* (Droid Eris firmware v1.5), I get the following error message:

Sorry!

The application Google Voice
(process.com.google.android.apps.googlevoice)
has stopped unexpectedly.
Please try again.

[Force Close]

Despite this, the Google voice app does seem to work (at least for reading recorded messages in its inbox - I haven't tried using it to make calls). I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling google voice (from the Market app), turning my phone off and on again, etc., nothing helps.

I got my Droid mid-February, so I guess it's as up to date as can be expected. I'm not sure how to find out what version it has for Android, Google Voice, etc.

Any ideas?

*This error only happens after I shut down the phone and then turn it on again - not when I just let it go to sleep and then unlock it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Google voice error at startup (Droid Eris)
truelove79
Enthusiast - Level 3
Yup, Google Voice has some serious issues on the Eris. It forces close on every reboot on my Eris and my wife's. I missed a voicemail this morning because it died and didnt restart.
0 Likes
thetornado
Enthusiast - Level 3

I get that error on startup also. I immediately open the application though and it works fine after that. If anyone is not getting a notification of a new voice mail from the application itself you may want to consider having a notification sent to you via email or sms.

0 Likes
truelove79
Enthusiast - Level 3

That is a fantastic idea.  I'll set up an SMS notification right now.  That way it doesn't matter if the app dies, I'll still get notified of a new voicemail.

0 Likes