Got a droid 2 weeks ago...what now ?
cenetti

Ok I got the droid two weeks ago, as a NEW VERIZON CUSTOMER form one of my local Verizon stores. Now that Nexus 1 is avaliable (or will be in a week or so - it appeared on google site for $199 today...then dissappeared )

How am I going to return Droid and buy Nexus online ? ... I understand I pay $35 restocking fee and return it ... then what ? 

Order it online right in the store ? Don't I need to activate some other phone right away after I return droid ?

How is it going to work ? I really like to get the nexus as I am still in my 30 day, and $199 is the same price I paid for droid...

???

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Got a droid 2 weeks ago...what now ?
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

cenetti wrote:

Ok I got the droid two weeks ago, as a NEW VERIZON CUSTOMER form one of my local Verizon stores. Now that Nexus 1 is avaliable (or will be in a week or so - it appeared on google site for $199 today...then dissappeared )

How am I going to return Droid and buy Nexus online ? ... I understand I pay $35 restocking fee and return it ... then what ? 

Order it online right in the store ? Don't I need to activate some other phone right away after I return droid ?

How is it going to work ? I really like to get the nexus as I am still in my 30 day, and $199 is the same price I paid for droid...

???

1. The Nexus One is not currently available on Verizon, and there has been (and most likely will be) NO announcement regarding a release date. The only "official" word is Spring 2010.

2. PLEASE tell me you got a screenshot? Or know someone who did?

0 Likes
cenetti

http://www.androidcentral.com/verizon-nexus-one-reportedly-makes-brief-appearance-googles-phone-site

They have a screenshot also. Probably it'll be available soon. So, assuming it'll be in the next 2 weeks..What are my options ?

0 Likes
Sparta

I would do my research before the switch the 1 Ghz processor N1 has dosent seem to impress anyone, its not really faster than droid's processor well it does have more ram but its android and you dont run ouf of ram like  windows phone its just that the some apps are stored on it and they can take upto 10 mb but my experience with droid was great. well about the screen N1 or htc are copying samsung omnia;s amoled display but from what I have seen its not as good as omnia and if you really want the brighter screen just turn the droid screen brighter, although I love how droid brightness adjusts fom dark to lit up areas but of course you could mannually turn it brighter.

well all I can say is do your research before the switch.

0 Likes
meister
Enthusiast - Level 3

Personally I like having a physical keyboard which the nexus doesn't have. I really doubt you will see a big difference in speed. Also, the nexus looks like it only comes with 4gb SD card and is expandable to 32. The droid has a 16gb SD card in it right off the bat and that's a big deal to me as I have a lot of movies and songs on my phone.

0 Likes
cenetti

Ok, the only reason I got droid was because it was the "most powerful" android phone available for verizon.

I've been using iphones since '07, and I love on screen keyboard. I don't even remember using slide keyboard, not even once these past 2 weeks.

Again, these don't answer my question. Looks like I'll need to cancel my account and re-open a new one... Well, t-mobile has good service in my area, and nexus is (probably will be) cheaper than verizon verison. If I need to cancel everything, then I rather go to t-mobile...as I don't even have to wait for verizon version, as it's already available on their network.

0 Likes
meister
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think I see what your asking. If/when you return your phone, you will be charged $35 restock fee. You will also be charged full retail for whichever phone you change to- say the nexus if it's out in the next two weeks. You keep your droid active until your new phone arrives in the mail. Once you get the new phone, the droid gets turned off- put in the box, and shipped back to Verizon with the included return label. New phone is activated the same day you turn off your droid *228 and you will be credited back to your account when Verizon has the droid. Did that come close to your first question?

Now if you want to switch carriers altogether you may be subject to the dreaded early termination fee- not 100% sure on that.

0 Likes