Group Chat
scapaltal
Enthusiast - Level 2

There have been a thread or two about some people not being able to receive a text in a group setting and those people have blue chat bubbles.  Please directly answer or address the issue.  When I send an individual text message using message+ I do not have issues.  When I send as a group I have several that have blue chat bubbles that don't receive their messages.  I don't care or want to know what phone they have or what service they are using etc., etc.  If I send individually they receive.  So fix your app please to recognize my messages that I send to a group as individual texts and send them accordingly so that this is fixed.  The "answers" or "fixes" you have offered are smoke and mirrors and double talk and do not resolve the issue.  Just tell me how to insure all my group members can receive a text I send them because they can receive if I send them each a text individually.  Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Group Chat
deloused
Master - Level 3

That wouldn't really be possible to fix given that scenario you described. Knowing which devices and apps used by the people not receiving certain messages is essential to solving such an issue, as it's likely a translation issue on the receiving end. But, as you stated that you don't care to know which devices/apps are causing the issue, Verizon won't be able to even try to solve your issue, since it's obviously not on your end. You can send and receive all messages, so that's where the support would end.

Some other people can't receive all messages (and likely can't send all either due to the same issue) so that's on them- due to a carrier issue, device firnware, application setting etc. Place the blame on those other users where it belongs and be glad your service itself is in tact. 

0 Likes
scapaltal
Enthusiast - Level 2

The issue is I can send and receive from each person individually.  If someone asks me to send them a text message I don't ask them what phone they have or what carrier they use.  I send them a text and it works REGARDLESS of these criteria.  So when I send out a text to a group, why is there an issue?  Why do I need to know what phone they have or carrier they use?  It's incredibly frustrating.  I am a coach of a girls basketball team and creating and using your group function is an exercise in futility and frustration.  It is not effective to individually text the members and ask them to restart their phones or change carriers or find a WiFi spot, etc, etc. just so I can start a group text with them. (Which isn't guaranteed to work anyway). You "heard" my frustration in my question because I have been perusing many threads asking the same question and you have yet to offer a simple, doable solution.  All we ask is, if you offer a function which we would love to use, that it works.  Individual texting works.  Their phone numbers, phones, and carriers do not change, so why isn't the group text function a usable tool?  Please help.

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

It is working on your end, and Verizon's with your device and current application version. The issue is on the receiver's end

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

scapaltal We have sent you a Private Message here in this forum. We see deloused has provided you with a great explanation regarding the group messages. However, we can continue troubleshooting. To make sure you can send a group message to the others without including the numbers that didn't initially work with the group message. DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes