Group Messaging
TheTara
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had my G5 for nearly a month now and group messaging simply doesn't work.  I've deregistered my iPhone.  I've downloaded other apps to try those as opposed to the defaults that came with the phone.  I've heard that iPhone users need to delete old group message threads and start a new one, but I had a new brand new one sent last night by 2 individuals I've never group chatted with and I only saw 1 of the individual's messages.  I'm beyond frustrated.  There has to be a solution to this that isn't the fault of the iPhone.  Are there any new solutions other than requiring all of my contacts to take me out of there contact list as an iPhone user, factory resetting, soft rebooting, hard rebooting, using every alternative messaging app?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Group Messaging
radgatt
Contributor - Level 2

Are you not getting messages at all? Or are you getting group messages but they are showing private conversations between you and only one other person?

TheTara
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm getting messages - and can see that I'm in a group (and can see everyone else's contact info for the group) but I do not receive everyone's replies in the group - though I can clearly tell by the replies I DO get that a conversation is going on.  I have group messaging turned on - so it's not a settings issue.@

radgatt
Contributor - Level 2

That may not be on your end. That may be on the people who replies you aren't getting. They could be replying thinking they are in the group message but are really replying to one person and the person that that replies to them are replying in the group message.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tara, I know how important it is to be able to receive all messages in a group text. Let's see if I can provide additional information. Some people have their text messaging set to only reply to the sender. Are you in any other message groups? Try starting a group, with a couple of friends, to see what happens?

RalphT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes