Group messages - when I send it lists the cell numbers to select
gmopro1
Contributor - Level 3

I created a group so that i can text my friends in a group, without selecting each friend , then sending.

So after creating the group, i tried to send something to them, and i noticed  a list of home numbers and cell numbers.

So then i deleted their home numbers and also the duplicate contacts and deleted those from the cloud.

After doing all that , i tried to send something.. and there were only the 3 cell numbers..which was good , but..

I want to always have those 3 cell numbers selected.  How come every time i find an article to send, and i select the group, it will show the 3 cell numbers and i have to select them??  i dont want to select every time.  That is why i created the group! 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Group messages - when I send it lists the cell numbers to select
gmopro1
Contributor - Level 3

I think the problem here is that the group is associated with my phone's app called People. So that is where the group resides.  When i create a new message in Messaging plus and then look for the group, and select, it then lists the group members' cell numbers and i select them and send. 

So the solution is .. i can just use the hourglass to search the already established groups in messaging plus and send from that or do it the way above with more steps. 

The other issue is sending to group from internet. For this, my solution is to use the phones messaging app instead of MessagingPlus.  with that , i can just select the group and send... and no listing of individual member cell numbers.  When will Messaging plus have ability to create groups or be able to list recent groups when u create a message? It only shows recent contacts , not recent groups when i create messages.

0 Likes
Re: Group messages - when I send it lists the cell numbers to select
gmopro1
Contributor - Level 3

ok, forget the Messages solution.  Internet site shares dont seem to work when i try it in Messages. I will use messages plus and just select each contacts' cell number in the list of cell numbers it gives me for the group. oh well.

0 Likes