Group names
hwille

When I open messages and see all of the group messages they all just have a few of the names of the people in that group. Instead of names, can I just assign a group name like "softball team" or "neighbors" or something? Some of the same people are in each group, so sometimes I have to open the conversation to see which group of people are in it.

0 Likes
Re: Group names
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hwille, making sure you are aware of your options to customize your text message threads is important. Let's review the details. What is the Make/Model of your device? Also, which text message application are you using (pre-loaded, third party download, VZW Messages+)? -Sylvia

0 Likes
Re: Group names
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@hwille wrote:

When I open messages and see all of the group messages they all just have a few of the names of the people in that group. Instead of names, can I just assign a group name like "softball team" or "neighbors" or something? Some of the same people are in each group, so sometimes I have to open the conversation to see which group of people are in it.

On my moto z4 Android phone, when looking at a Group MMS chat thread in Message+, I can click on the three dot icon (upper right) and select 'Create enhanced group'.  This gives me the option to set 'Group Name or Topic'.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes