HTC 10 Lock screen failed attempts before data is deleted
Nmas123

Hi I want to know if there is an option to disable this because with the screen gestures this can be a really bad thing in your pocket

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC 10 Lock screen failed attempts before data is deleted
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

They might have changed it on the HTC 10, but I know I couldn't remove it on an HTC One M7.

Try looking in Security > Device Administrators to see if turning off one of the options there helps.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Nmas123

I already did that and the counting is still there and I'm afraid that eventually I'll loose all my data, over and over again

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Verizon Wireless is here to help Nmas123. After much research, as a security feature this is not an option on the phone. However, the phone needs to be swiped upward before you put your lock patter in so this is very helpful. I personally use the swipe lock screen because you need to connect 4 dots and I find that harder to happen when in your pocket. Maybe you can give that a try?

Make sure your content is always backed up incase an accident does happen http://vz.to/1JXlXrS .

JorgeO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Nmas123

I'll try that and let's see if it doesn't happens the same thing that with a pin. Thanks for your help

0 Likes