HTC 10 overheating
Angeliize2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just received the HTC 10 today.  I have used HTC phones for... let's just say along time.  This HTC 10 starts heating up within minutes of me using it.  I am doing nothing different then I did with my HTC M9.  I checked the apps running and not much is running.  Suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HTC 10 overheating
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Also the phone has more power than previous phones so it's going to run harder and a tad warmer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
radgatt
Contributor - Level 2

Since you just got the phone it may seem like it's overheating. This is probably because you're downloading apps and configuring everything similar to the way you had it with your  phones. Doing all of this at once will cause the phone to seen as if it's overheating but it probably isn't.  I would say to let the phone test overnight and then use it again when you're done configuring it. If it's still overheating then take it back and get a replacement.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Angeliize2,

Congrats on such a awesome phone! However, a new phone that is overheating is quite rare. Let’s look into this a bit more. radgatt, did provide you a helpful tip. Since you posted this, has the phone been continually getting hot? If so, is it too hot to the touch where you aren’t able to use it? Are you receiving an overheating alert message on the phone?

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Angeliize2
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is still over heating but not as bad.  I can touch it but to me it is uncomfortable. I notice it mostly does it when I am on it while it is charging.  I use clean sweep and the app has said on 2 occasions that it was too hot but nothing from the phone stating that.  I don't believe everything those apps say but it does cool down after clean sweep does whatever it does.

0 Likes
Angeliize2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also, not sure if it matters but the phone came from asursion.  I probably spelled that wrong.  The m9 they replaced my damaged phone with started to have huge errors with the touch screen.  They had no more m9's so they had to give me the 10. 

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

The phone is going to heat up if you are using it while on the charger. A lot of phones do that, because you are taxing the power supply.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Also the phone has more power than previous phones so it's going to run harder and a tad warmer.

0 Likes
Angeliize2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Never thought about it having more power.  You have a point there.  I was just comparing it to my other htc devices which most but the m9 were probably out dated.  It is as cool as can be until I plug it in.  It has a different charger than the other HTC devices.  It is a quick charge 3.0.

Thank you for your response.

0 Likes