HTC 10 reboot loop
DaveTheIdeator

Help!  My HTC 10 is stuck in a reboot loop caused by downloading the firmware update.  (happened on multiple phones) How do I get my phone to work again?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC 10 reboot loop
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're here for you, DaveTheIdeator. You mentioned multiple phones seeing this same issue. Were these replacements or just devices on your account?

TylerK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: HTC 10 reboot loop
DaveTheIdeator

We're here for you, DaveTheIdeator. You mentioned multiple phones seeing this same issue. Were these replacements or just devices on your account?

TylerK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

================================

My response:

It happened across multiple replacement phones, and the stuck-in-reboot-loop behavior is consistent across all of the phones.  Here's a more detailed history:

Phone 1 worked great for 3 weeks until 8/22, then the soft buttons stopped responding.  Rebooted to try to clear the error but got into a reboot loop.

Phone 2 died (same problem) after I spent about 30 minutes dowloading apps and such.

Phone 3 was DOA (same problem) out of the box.

Phone 4 lived until I got a 'Download firmware update' prompt (said yes), then installed the firmware.  When the phone rebooted to actually perform the install it went into the reboot loop.

Phone 5 has *no* setup done to it at all other than setting up a wifi nework.  Tried to connect it to my computer and HTC Sync Manager, HSM never recognized the phone even though several HTC-ish USB devices were auto-installed.  Did the OTA firmware download when prompted, noticed that the soft buttons stopped working after the D/L finished and then rebooted the phone (DID NOT request that the update be installed).  Same reboot loop.

I  now have Phone 6 and have not powered it on as of yet.  Any ideas on how to keep it alive?

FYI: the reboot loop is the white-background, green HTC, 'Powered by Android' text at the bottom screen for several seconds, total black (like powered off) for several seconds, repeating infinitely.  The screen never brightens, and never shows the circling balls display expected during a normal boot.

None of the bootloader options do anything useful to solving this problem.

Reboot (reboot loop)

Reboot to bootloader (back to the same menu)

Download mode (a black screen with grayscale HTC for several seconds, then black, then the above reboot loop.

Recovery mode (same visual display and looping as download mode)

Power off (powers phone off if charger not connected, **** if charger connected)

**** Power Off Oddness: If powered off from the bootloader menu with the charging cable connected, or if the charger is connected when powered off, the phone displays the I'm-off-and-charging display (box w/lighning bolt inside) for several seconds, then goes into the reboot loop.

0 Likes