HTC 10 security updates
radgatt
Contributor - Level 2

Hey Verizon, the HTC 10 is on the March 2016 security patches. It's about to be August so that will make it 5 months behind. This makes myself, along with other customers of this phone very vulnerable. Are you guys working on this? I wouldn't want to be impacted based on an exploit that was patched by an update that I could have had but I don't. Please try to update the phone. It's only had one updated since it's been released.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC 10 security updates
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

HTC is the one responsible for writing the update and getting it approved.

Looks like the last update was 5/27/2016 HTC 10 Software Update | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

https://www.htc.com/us/support/htc-10-verizon/news/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
radgatt
Contributor - Level 2

I realize that HTC is responsible for updates but at the same time Verizon has to approve the updates. I'd be willing to bet that Verizon is still trying to approve the update. This is why I hate it when Verizon wants to have different software from what HTC puts out initially. It makes updating the phone unnecessarily difficult. Either way, I just would like to have device that's as secure as possible.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless doesn't make the decision to update a phone or not. The manufacturer does.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Now when Verizon approves an update it's not a matter of making sure there is not a negative impact on our network. We take the signal quality very seriously. 

MatthewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
radgatt
Contributor - Level 2

A security update doesn't have impact on the signal of a phone. I also find it interesting that the Galaxy S6, a phone that's over a year old is on the latest security patches but this phone isn't. The unlocked HTC 10 is also on the latest patches but this phone isn't. Why can't you all allow me to get the unlocked HTC 10 and use that? I can get a Nexus phone and use it on Verizon, why can't I use the unlocked HTC 10? Am I asking too much to want to be secure?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

HTC needed to first make the unlocked HTC 10 compatible with the Verizon Wireless network.

0 Likes