HTC DNA Group Conversations setting not found
RCCrchen2235

My wife's HTC DNA can't receive Group Conversation MMS text message.

I tried: All messages > Menu > Setting > MMS > Cannot find "Group Conversations" setting.

Can anyone help me to find "Group Conversations" setting in order to turn it on?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC DNA Group Conversations setting not found
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello RCCrchen2235,

Grourp conversations are a great way to communication with several people, especially while on the go. The HTC DNA is just the phone to do so. I know that you can't wait to enjoy this amazing feature so I've noted the steps on how to activate it in the settings menu. Please see below:

Messages > Menu > Settings > Multimedia messages (MMS) > Group Conversations > Place check in the circle.

If you do not see this setting then please advise as to what software and android version that you have installed on the phone. Sometimes the menu changes as the software gets updated over time. Also, please confirm that you are using the default messaging app and not a 3rd party downloaded messaging app. I'm looking forward to your reply.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
RCCrchen2235

Dear ArnettH_VZW,

I still could not find the “Group Conversations” setting after following your steps. Please see the attachment for screenshots of: 1. MMS setting, 2. Software info, 3. Hardware info, 4. Phone identity.

Also, is there a way I can update my software?

Thank you.

Ray

2 images containing private info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for all your efforts, RCCrchen2235! I know that this has bothered you, but the info you've shared is helping us to understand what may be causing this issue. I notice from your screen shot of the Software Information screen that your wife's device is running version 2.04.99.1 710RD. At this time, the current software version for the Droid DNA is 3.06.605.4. We recommend updating the device software to continue this troubleshooting process. Please go to Settings> Software Update > Check new to check for updated versions. Thanks!

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
RCCrchen2235

Hello,

After following your software update steps, a message said: “There are no updates available for your phone.”

Please see the attached screen shots for details, thanks.

Ray Chen

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is this phone encrypted?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey RCCrchen2235,

Thanks for the screenshots. I would recommend completing a hard reset,http://vz.to/1k4NwRM. Once the phone comes back it should prompt you to complete the software update.  Keep us updated with results.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes