Re: HTC DNA - No voicemail notification icon :(
mccannam

OK gang. Like I mentioned earlier I didn't want to factory reset my phone.  So I thought for a minute and said what has changed recently on my phone?  I recently installed a few new apps. So I removed them and rebooted my phone.  Now my voicemail notifications are back.  So if you are having this problem you may want to try removing any apps you have recently installed and reboot your phone. Then you can re add the apps one by one and see which one was causing the problem. 

0 Likes
Trutech

Same problem here Solved it with tech support.

1) rebooting (didn't work)

2) Enter voicemail menu, select personal options, select option 1 for notifications on/off

However for my phone I didn't have option 1. It skipped directly to option 2.

3) Final solution: Use voicemail icon -> menu -> Settings ->  Menu button again! -> Restore default settings

It works now!

0 Likes
dmenc

Thanks Trutech.  I can confirm that your fix worked for me.  Voicemail icon is back.

0 Likes
PhoneNeard

I was having the same issue with my DNA. I tried the solutions listed by Trutech but had no luck. Then I figured it out...

In the phone app - Settings - Settings - touch Voicemail provider (will already display Verizon) and select Verizon. A blue dot will appear next to Verizon indicating it has been selected.

Power cycle the device and you're good to go!

0 Likes
l_larive

All other suggestions above did not work expect for this last one by "PhoneNeard".

Go to "Settings"

Under "Device", select "Call"

Select "Voicemail Service"

Select "Verizon" so the blue dot appears & it is selected.

This should do it!  I couldn't figure out why people were telling me they called, but I never had any messages.  When I finally called my VM, I had 17 new messages!

0 Likes
pamos

I have tried the above as phone options allowed (some functions are different on my DNA). Even the "blue dot" on choosing Verizon service is green and was already selected. Any other ideas??? Mine has been gone for nearly 2 months. When someone mentioned today that they had left a message and I checked I have 26 voice mails.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear Pamos,

Good afternoon. I understand the importance of being able to rely on your voicemail indicator to check voicemails. I apologize the above troubleshooting steps did not work out.

Have you recently backed up the content on your phone? The last troubleshooting step to try is a hard reset. However, please ensure you back up the content on your phone before doing the hard reset. To process a hard reset on your phone click http://vz.to/16uvVYW Should you need further assistance, please feel free to reach out to us. Have a great day!

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes