Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HTC DNA - Texting timestamp question
skepticalsmartphoneus

If my phone is off, and I get a text, the date and time will show as the time I turn on the phone.  However, I want to know when the text was actually sent.  Is there a setting on the phone that will enable this, or is this just something I have to live with?

Thank you!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC DNA - Texting timestamp question
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Since the text has not been 'received' on the device until the phone is turned on, that is the time you will see.

0 Likes
skepticalsmartphoneus

My previous phone (LG enV touch) showed me the time the text actually came in ("stored at 8:57 pm" for instance), and the time it was recognized by the phone when I turned it on.  I guess some phones don't have this feature Smiley Sad.  Thanks for your reply though! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
high_t1de

When in the messaging app, look at the three tabs at the bottom of your screen. You have All messages, SMS/MMS and Voicemail. The time on the text messaging is displayed differently depending on whether you are viewing them in the All messages tab or the SMS/MMS tab. I have found that if you are viewing the conversations from the SMS/MMS tab it will show you exact time the message was sent or received. I'm not sure if this is what you're referring to...but give it a shot.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Leader
Leader

Some third party apps have a setting to change this I believe.

0 Likes