HTC DNA - Texting timestamp question
skepticalsmartphoneus

If my phone is off, and I get a text, the date and time will show as the time I turn on the phone.  However, I want to know when the text was actually sent.  Is there a setting on the phone that will enable this, or is this just something I have to live with?

Thank you!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC DNA - Texting timestamp question
budone
Legend

Since the text has not been 'received' on the device until the phone is turned on, that is the time you will see.

0 Likes
skepticalsmartphoneus

My previous phone (LG enV touch) showed me the time the text actually came in ("stored at 8:57 pm" for instance), and the time it was recognized by the phone when I turned it on.  I guess some phones don't have this feature Smiley Sad.  Thanks for your reply though! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
high_t1de
Enthusiast - Level 2

When in the messaging app, look at the three tabs at the bottom of your screen. You have All messages, SMS/MMS and Voicemail. The time on the text messaging is displayed differently depending on whether you are viewing them in the All messages tab or the SMS/MMS tab. I have found that if you are viewing the conversations from the SMS/MMS tab it will show you exact time the message was sent or received. I'm not sure if this is what you're referring to...but give it a shot.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Some third party apps have a setting to change this I believe.

0 Likes