HTC DNA email server issues
CBThorne83

I try to delete e-mails from my phone but I see there are still there on my e-mail server. And if I delete it on my e-mail server, it's still there on my phone. Help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HTC DNA email server issues
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

For the Yahoo account, I would suggest using the Yahoo email app from the Play Store.

The POP3 settings for the Hotmail are as follows on my Tbolt (spaces added for clarity) so they should be similar on your DROID DNA phone.

Incoming settings

Protocal:  POP

email address:  username @ hotmail.com

username: username @ hotmail.com

Password: xxxxxxxxxxx

pop server: pop3.live.com

Security type: SSL

Server port: 995

Outgoing settings

login required is checked on

username:  username @ hotmail.com

password: xxxxxxxxxx

SMTP server: smtp.live.com

Security type: TLS

Server port:  587

In the send and receive setting in the Mail app, you should check on "sync deleted item from server".  You can also check on "delete mail on server", but be aware if you delete something from the phone it is also deleted from the server and can't be retrieved from any other device you access this account with.  I personally leave that checked off because I choose to do my email "housecleaning" from a computer.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

How do you have the email account setup on the phone? POP3, IMAP or exchange? Each type of setup has various options including syncing of deleted emails between the server and the phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
CBThorne83

I don't know the difference between POP3, IMAP or Exchange? I'm using Hotmail and Yahoo. What do those fall under?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm glad that you asked CBThorne83. Historically, hotmail and Yahoo! are POP3 email accounts. That's one of the great things that I like about them. Also, we would need the email settings so we can walk you throught the process. Once you have done so then please advise. Like a pillow, we are here to support you.

Thank you...

Arnett_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
CBThorne83

Okay, so what do I do? I don't understand.

Christopher B.

<< Signature information removed to comply with Verizon ToS >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
CBThorne83

What e-mail account settings do you need?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

For the Yahoo account, I would suggest using the Yahoo email app from the Play Store.

The POP3 settings for the Hotmail are as follows on my Tbolt (spaces added for clarity) so they should be similar on your DROID DNA phone.

Incoming settings

Protocal:  POP

email address:  username @ hotmail.com

username: username @ hotmail.com

Password: xxxxxxxxxxx

pop server: pop3.live.com

Security type: SSL

Server port: 995

Outgoing settings

login required is checked on

username:  username @ hotmail.com

password: xxxxxxxxxx

SMTP server: smtp.live.com

Security type: TLS

Server port:  587

In the send and receive setting in the Mail app, you should check on "sync deleted item from server".  You can also check on "delete mail on server", but be aware if you delete something from the phone it is also deleted from the server and can't be retrieved from any other device you access this account with.  I personally leave that checked off because I choose to do my email "housecleaning" from a computer.

0 Likes