HTC Desire CDMA
DarbyD

The highly desirable CDMA  HTC Desire is available from Cellular South and US Cellular. Will Verizon be offering this phone? If not, will I be able to 'activate' this CDMA phone on the Verizon network if/when I buy it from one of the two US CDMA providers mentioned?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HTC Desire CDMA
kSo9204
Contributor - Level 2

Currently, we do not have any information available in reference to acquiring the HTC Desire. At this time, the HTC Droid Incredible would be equivalent to the HTC Desire. At this time, the Verizon Wireless network or system does not support unlocked phones. Here is a link for you to take a look at the HTC Droid Incredible. 

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?action=viewPhoneDetail&item=phoneFirst&selectedP...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

DarbyD wrote:

The highly desirable CDMA  HTC Desire is available from Cellular South and US Cellular. Will Verizon be offering this phone? If not, will I be able to 'activate' this CDMA phone on the Verizon network if/when I buy it from one of the two US CDMA providers mentioned?

The Droid Incredible would be a close match in specifications to the HTC Desire.

As for buying an HTC Desire from another carrier.  You would have to buy it at full retail price.  Then figure out how to void the warranty and gain superuser access.  If you really want to do that, head over to the XDA developers website.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
DarbyD

Thanks for the response.

I tried the Eris when it first came out, and went back to the plain-Jane LG flip for actually making phone calls on Verizon.

At the same time I had a Nexus 1 (GSM) for 'development'.

There is quite a bit of difference in the 'feel'  of the devices (Eris, Incredible,Nexus1), though HTC makes them all. 

The Desire is basically a CDMA Nexus 1 and is a step up in the HTC's, and I could keep making calls on VZN.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

You probably wouldn't be able to just activate it on Verizon since they won't activate anything not in their ESN database.  They do supposedly have a program for approving outside phone but I haven't heard of anyone successfully getting it done.

0 Likes
kSo9204
Contributor - Level 2

Currently, we do not have any information available in reference to acquiring the HTC Desire. At this time, the HTC Droid Incredible would be equivalent to the HTC Desire. At this time, the Verizon Wireless network or system does not support unlocked phones. Here is a link for you to take a look at the HTC Droid Incredible. 

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?action=viewPhoneDetail&item=phoneFirst&selectedP...

0 Likes