HTC Droid Eris - I can't view 80% of the videos hosted out on the web, including
kirkwood02

most of the ones on Youtube.  Is there some kind of software I need to download?  Or are most videos in a format not supported by this phone.  Very frustrating!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC Droid Eris - I can't view 80% of the videos hosted out on the web, including
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Flash is not yet supported, and it is what most embedded videos use to display. This is supposed to be coming soon.*

*Keep in mind, this is Verizon's definition of "soon."

0 Likes
Re: HTC Droid Eris - I can't view 80% of the videos hosted out on the web, including
supernova
Enthusiast - Level 2

The pre-installed YouTube app doesn't work well at all for some reason. Link to mobile YouTube and you should have better luck: m.youtube.com

That worked for me, anyway. Good luck!

0 Likes
kirkwood02

I noticed the Youtube app works and then doesn't work again, so yeah, i've been using the regular site to view videos, but then a lot of the times this doesn't work either.

Doesn't Google own Youtube?  Or at least of a strategic partnership with them?  You would think that by using Googles operating system, they would have their partners software working on the phones.

0 Likes
sranger

What you are looking for is Adobe Flash 10.1.  The currently the Flash player, 10.0, will not work with mobile phones.  It is going to be avaliable for Android devices that support Android 2.1.  The Eris should be getting it's OS update some time in the first half of this year.  Adobe is also scheduled to release Flash 10.1 in the same time frame.  So hopfully this will be supported on the Eris some time between now and summer...

Of course Verizon may decide that streamign videos will take up too much band width and not let it on their phones period.....  Time will tell...

0 Likes