Re: HTC Droid's Errs going crazy
tasz2011
Enthusiast - Level 2

Some solution! The only real solution to your problem is to get a different phone, I have an Eris's and it does most of the things that you describe, it took an act of congress to get it replaced in less a year, and now with the replacement it still suffers most of these symptoms. I have a real solution to the problem; I am simply dropping Verizon next May when my contract expires and switch to Straight Talk!

Re: HTC Droid Eris going crazy
tasz2011
Enthusiast - Level 2

Forget the update,it won't help! Just insist on a completely different phone and that will fix it; better yet just get a new phone company!

0 Likes
tasz2011
Enthusiast - Level 2

You apparently think a defective and poorly made product can be "fixed" by the end user, it can't be! Verizon needs to wake up and take responsibility! Look at all the people having problems over and over with multiple devices of the same model, IT"S NOT YOUR CUSTOMERS FAULT!!!!!!  Your customers need to wake up also, I did and I can"t wait for my contract to end so I can get away from my junkie Eris that isn't"t even capable of 3G!:smileymad:

0 Likes
tasz2011
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would like to know who you had to kill to get Verizon to replace that Eris "paper weight" with a "real" phone. Really, how did you do that?:smileysurprised:

0 Likes
Zechs36

I've had the HTC Eris for approx. 1 year now and I've been through 2 of them.  The second one I got was a "Certified Refurbished" model because I was having problems with the first one.  And to no surprise, the second one has the same problems the first one did.

-Can't answer calls

-Ringtone doesn't kick in until it's about to go to voicemail

-Delays in screen

-Takes forever to make a call after hanging up from a previous call

-Screen unresponsive at times

-Apps closing on their own

-Calls person I'm already talking to so I end up calling them twice

-If I recieve a text message from someone I'm already chatting with, I have to open the text message twice in order for it to recognize I've read it.

-The list goes on.

This is the absolute worst phone I've ever used and I will NOT be using an HTC phone ever again.  I've contacted both Verizon about it (who offered me another Eris...No thanks) and HTC who basically said it's my fault the phone is a piece of crap.  I'm able to upgrade at the end of the month and cannot wait!  It will be the first thing I shoot with my rifle that I'm getting for Christmas!

0 Likes
kayacloud
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had an Eris for over two years... well actually I have had several of them... nothing but problems with this piece of crap...  I went through 4 phones in the first five months of the year.... I couldn't even read all of the comments in this post I was getting so frustrated... Verizon replaced all the phones fairly quickly but the only solution was to get a new phone as the Eris was outdated.... I HATE MY PHONE.... gonna try another carrier I think... I just paid $172 on my acct less than3 weeks later they shut it off again.... funny thing is that I can hardly even use my phone.... God forbid i needed to make an emergency call... freezing up or calling people while sitting on the table...this phone just plain sucks....I'm gonna go throw my phone now

0 Likes
kayacloud
Enthusiast - Level 1

ah,,,, one more thing....Verizon stopped giving me my 15% work discount.... i guess they can do that if they dont send a paper bill anymore and get away with it

0 Likes