Re: HTC Droid Eris going crazy
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

farris804 wrote:

I've gone through 3 HTC Eris phones myself and I've given up and just accepted the fact that it will always have issues and cannot be fixed!  I've have all the same problems with the touch screen, while on a call the screen won't light up to put on speaker, delayed typing, internet opens then closes, well all applications do that intermittently, my screen will go to a blank white screen at times, etc.  The list goes on and on!  I can't wait for my upgrade!!!!!  I hate this phone!! 

arris804,

I could only image how frustrating this must be!  I would like to assist with getting your phone back working properly.  Have you installed any "Antivirus" applications on your Eris?  There was an issue with the Antivirus apps causing Android phones to respond in ways that you described.  If you do have any installed, I would like to suggest removing the application.  Here's a link with instructions and screen shots for uninstalling applications:

Uninstall Applications - HTC DROID Eris ADR6200

If you are still experiencing the issues after that step, please perform a Hard Reset of your device.  This will clear any type of corrupt file or application off of the device onboard memory.  Just ensure your data is backed up prior to the reset.  I am including a instructions for the Hard Reset below as well:

To Factory reset the phone using the Menu (All Software versions)

1. Touch HOME
  2. Touch Menu
  3. Touch Settings
  4. Touch Security (1.5 software)
    Touch Privacy (2.1 software)
  5. Touch Factory data reset.
  6. On the Factory data reset screen, tap Reset phone and then tap Erase everything.

Note: Reset may take anywhere from 1 - 10 minutes for reset and restart depending on amount of data on device.

Please let me know how this works out for you!

0 Likes
KtQueen

My Droid Eris is completely messed up! It won't even let me DIAL *611 to complain about it! I have been dealing with my touch screen not working for the past month and half. I don't have insurance on my phone but I don't want to pay full price with my upgrade October 2nd! I've went to 3 Verizon stores to see if ANYBODY could help me but no one had a solution other than paying full price for a phone when my upgrade is almost a month away. Can anyone give me any advice about this?

0 Likes
brightcateyes

Unfortunately, the Eris is a {word filter avoidance}
.  HTC keeps insisting there's an app or som eother file on the phone to make it behave this way, but how do so many people have the same app?  They won't accept responsibility for making a defective product and it is a hardware issue.  I never use the trackball, so it's not overuse.  My phone calls people randomly (sometimes at 2 am) it freezes, scrolls to the left and will not allow me to scroll back to the home screen, types random letters when texting, sometimes I cannot even answer incoming calls.  Most of the time, I can't make outgoing calls.  It's completely USELESS. This was my first HTC phone and will be my last.  I've complained to HTC to no avail.  I just ordered a Bionic and have been thinking of creative ways to destroy this current brick, also known as Eris.  It's so worthless, Verizon won't even give you $.01 on their buy back program.

0 Likes
Masseur

Clean the screen fully. I find if I don't clean my phone often it starts panning from screen to screen on it's own.  Wipe off the screen and it's better.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
My baby Droid Eris still works as a PDA and I purchased it in mid November 2009. Posting this message from it now.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
WaHoo1

you think that's bad? Try being on the phone with your mom and having it 3-way call with your mother in law... talk about awkward!

0 Likes
LTHIE

omg! I thought I was the only person having issues with this stupid Eris! I hate it and want to take hammer to it. I can't upgrade until 10/2012 Smiley Sad. I can't afford a new phone either. The stupid thing would freeze up, refuse to shut down, refuse to hang up after I'm done talking to someone, 30 seconds delay in any function that I press...etc. I would never recommand this phone to anyone.

I've done a factory reboot or whatever but hasnt done any good.

0 Likes
Coca15

You are definitely not alone! I've had to send this piece of crap phone 3-4 times (I've lost track) and they keep sending me a "new" one with the same problems. I'm so frustrated!!! I'm due for an upgrade but I still can't afford a new phone, but if/when I can get a new phone, I'm running this thing over with my car. WORST.PHONE.EVER.:smileymad:

0 Likes
Carriebell

My Eris has been acting wacky for a long time. It freezes. It wont turn off. It always boots me off the internet. It lags really bad when texting. And now the screen wont unlock half the time. I have to take the battery out to restart it and unlock the screen. I really want to turn it in and get a replacement but Im afraid of what Verizion will replace it with. I dont want another Eris and I cant upgrade until September.

0 Likes
ZoeysDad11

The Eris is a horrible phone. I have to use my wifes old one for the next few days until my bionic replacement comes in. Its going to be a long hard 2 days especiallyh since the charge only last like 8 hours...

0 Likes