HTC Eris weak vibrate mode
EagleFalconn

Has anyone else been having a problem with the HTC Eris having a really really weak vibrate mode? When I put it in my jeans pocket, with nothing else, and it vibrates I couldn't even feel it with my leg, I felt it because my hand happened to be next to my pocket! Is there any way to strengthen the vibration?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC Eris weak vibrate mode
jeffgman

EagleFalconn wrote:

Has anyone else been having a problem with the HTC Eris having a really really weak vibrate mode? When I put it in my jeans pocket, with nothing else, and it vibrates I couldn't even feel it with my leg, I felt it because my hand happened to be next to my pocket! Is there any way to strengthen the vibration?

Yes the Eris does have a pretty weak vibrate mode.  As far as I know there is no fix for this.

Jeff

0 Likes
ivorycruncher
Contributor - Level 1

I'm afraid this one might not be fixable, as that's a hardware function, not a software one.  Unless making the vibrator spin at a different frequency can produce a stronger vibration (not even sure if that's controllable by software or if it's just an on/off function), I think we're stuck.  I too am unhappy with it.  If it's sitting on the table, it will make a racket, but I often barely feel it in my belt pouch.

0 Likes
EagleFalconn

Its kind of a deal breaker for me if I can't tell when I'm getting a phone call...thats a pretty fundamental function of a phone. I am really contemplating returning the thing, but I'm not real excited about the $35 restock fee.

0 Likes
jeffgman

EagleFalconn wrote:

Its kind of a deal breaker for me if I can't tell when I'm getting a phone call...thats a pretty fundamental function of a phone. I am really contemplating returning the thing, but I'm not real excited about the $35 restock fee.

The $35 restocking fee is only applied if you purchase another phone within 3 days of the return.  It should be printed on the back of your receipt.

That is what my receipt says unless they have changed it recently.

Jeff

0 Likes
EagleFalconn

Well thats good news. I hope thats true even with the 2 year contract. Now I just have to convince myself its worth the extra $100 for the Moto Droid.

0 Likes
thetornado
Enthusiast - Level 3

I know that the SMS Popup App had more settings for the vibration. You can make it vibrate for longer period of times and make customizable vibration sequences. I cant remember if this was also for your ringer, but there might be another App out there for that. So it might not fix the amount of vibration you feel, but the length or sequence might make it more noticeable for you.

0 Likes