HTC ONE M7: " Unable to download this update." Is this because i reside in Pakistan? I am on 4.4.2, Sense 6.0 but software is 4.10
rayyan

Man help me out,

I want to download the so mentioned " this update" but i cannot. is this because i like in Pakistan???

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC ONE M7: " Unable to download this update." Is this because i reside in Pakistan? I am on 4.4.2, Sense 6.0 but software is 4.10
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help is here, rayyan. Looks like you already have the most up to date Verizon software version on your HTC One. Software 4.10.605.3 was released over the summer. As long as you're connected to a WiFi network, you'll be able to get anything new that arrives. Just keep your eyes on http://vz.to/YYiy7v for news.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: HTC ONE M7: " Unable to download this update." Is this because i reside in Pakistan? I am on 4.4.2, Sense 6.0 but software is 4.10
rayyan

Hey thanks a lot.

Will that site tell me if there is a new update available?

When do you think Verizon will roll out the 4.4.3 update?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Since when has OTA updates from Verizon Wireless ever worked solely through the wifi network? Every Verizon Wireless device I have had required the VZW cellular network to find and verify an update was available.

To the OP, you might have better luck if you look for a RUU file on the HTC website or the sites that discuss modifying the software so you can manually apply the update to your phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rayyan

Hey. Now I'm confused. So will I get the update OTA through WiFi? Cause apparently 4.4.3 is now available.

Man I'll be **** sad if I can't download 4.4.3 with the EPS.

Also if its manual, can you please tell me step by step how to. I am a noon when it comes to this. VZWSeven

0 Likes
B33
Legend

>> Personal comments removed <<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You are still connected to a Verizon Wireless tower even if the data connection was turned off. I have tried to download an OTA onto a phone in airplane mode and no SIM card. It would not find the update. That's basically the same situation as the OP and what I was trying to get clarification on. Does the OTA work when only connected to a wifi connection without a cellular connection? They have not answered it in a definitive manner.

>> Personal comments removed <<

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Re: HTC ONE M7: " Unable to download this update." Is this because i reside in Pakistan? I am on 4.4.2, Sense 6.0 but software is 4.10
B33
Legend

Well to me that seems odd when I can clearly see a Differences in Data speeds from Wi-Fi to when it connected to the Network..

On my Wi-Fi it runs up 65mbps Download..  That is with the Network switched OFF.!   On the Network I'm Lucky to achieve 5mbps)

And just for asking:  Can you provide some Info documentation  to were it says / shows that when the Network Setting is shut off it actually isn't because for all the Time I've had a Smartphone I've always took it when you shut off a Feature it is off.!   Plus may I add  that is what  Verizon advised customers to do to save on using Network Data and going over there Data on non unlimited Plans..

0 Likes
Re: Re: HTC ONE M7: " Unable to download this update." Is this because i reside in Pakistan? I am on 4.4.2, Sense 6.0 but software is 4.10
tbo27
Master - Level 2

Whoa good discussion.  I have unlimited so I've always done non apple updates on 4G. All I know is if vzw can make cash they will bottomless pit of hunger for $.

>> Off-topic comments removed <<

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What? The speed of the wifi network has nothing to do with the issue. The phone literally has to talk to the Verizon Wireless network to locate and find the update. It doesn't have to download the update through the Verizon Wireless network. It can be downloaded via wifi once it is located. Basically it goes to the Verizon Wireless tower and says, "Hi, I'm a Verizon Wireless branded phone, do you have an system update for me?". The tower then replies back with an answer. That "discussion" is a little hard to do in another country or without a Verizon Wireless SIM card in the phone.