HTC One Remix, screen is blank, but sounds still come through
123allison
Enthusiast - Level 1

The LED is flashing green, when it's plugged in my computer recognizes it and has the orange LED, and I can still hear notifications and my ringtone. Soft reset doesn't help. What do I do to get my screen back up?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC One Remix, screen is blank, but sounds still come through
Snn5
Legend

Digitizer may have given up.  Hardware issues usually involve a physical repair.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello 123allison!

I'm so sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your device! I'd like to help see if we can bring it back to life. Since you can hear sounds, we know the phone is on. Likely, there is some sort of issue with the screen. Please try a Factory Reset with the phone powered off. http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-107195/  This may erase what is on your device, but can help resolve issues similar to yours. If your information is backed up, you will be able to redownload it after resetting.

MichelleH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Software reset won't correct a hardware issue.  But, hey...give it a whack.

0 Likes
123allison
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi Michelle,

I've tried both soft and hard resets and nothing happens - the LED light will disappear when it shuts off, and that's it. I think Snn5 is right - something in the hardware is goofy, rather than it being a software glitch.

I managed to chat with someone at Verizon and they're sending me a replacement phone. Thanks for the response though!

steve101
Contributor - Level 1

123allison HTC One (M8) | Verizon Wireless is the last resort in case you want to give that a try. it will actually download a fresh version of the OS to your phone.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The HTC One Remix isn't the same thing as the HTC One M8. They're two different phones.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
steve101
Contributor - Level 1

those steps work with both the M8 and the Remix. I double checked to make sure, the program is the same program for both devices. besides even if it does not fix the issue at hand it could come in hand latter. Smiley Happy

0 Likes