HTC Resound - Wildly Inaccurate GPS
trex625

HTC Resound - Wildly Inaccurate GPS - I use my phone to record my cycling via MyTracks.  I have also used other Apps too but I get these wild swings in my route with all of them.  While going down a road, my route is mapped going straight, then shoots like 150 years due left then maybe 150 yards behind me then maybe 150 yards to the right then back on track all of which generates speeds like 150 mph and wildly inaccurate distances.  I get great GPS signals for over 9 SAT, (Per GPS TEST) yet my new HTC RESOUND can't record routes correctly.  It goes along fine then - BAM - all over the map. 

My old HTC ERIS was so much better recoding the same routes!  Maybe it would be off by 15-25 feet - MAX! 

I have all 3 Location Services turned on by default (VZW, standalone GPS, Google Service) I have to try and use standalone GPS next time to see if that helps.   ...but,  MAN - WTH?  There are no explanations, help files or tutorials.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC Resound - Wildly Inaccurate GPS
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Only thing I can suggest would be to grab the GPS Status app from the Play Store.  With this you can clear and re-download aGPS data.  Can't hurt, and I figure it may be worth a shot.

0 Likes
Re: HTC Resound - Wildly Inaccurate GPS
B33
Legend

When Riding your bike in your area are you going down normal streets or riding the bike Paths one reason i ask this when the Google Teams are out Mapping streets that's what is downloaded an goes in to the Servers for the G.P.S Routs an bike paths wouldn't be included so that could be the reason it's off or acting Wildly. Now it could be also they may have not mapped your Area as well but if your seeing good results in your Car than there shouldn't be any problems. But i would go to your Local Bike shop an ask them that doesn't hurt to ask.

One thing i wanted to point out on my Droids my X an my Razr Maxx when traveling on our local Hi way K61 it being Built into a 4 Lane Hi Way an even though most of the project is done the G.P.S on my phones are still following the Old K61 so until it's fully done i guess it will still show this. 

0 Likes