HTC Rezound touchscreen - Lemon?
kschroder

Hello.

HTC Rezound - screen stopped functioning

• Turns on, touch screen may function for a couple seconds then stops functioning (screen is still on, but touch function doesn't work)

• Phone is physically in mint condition, no scratches, not dropped, no water.

• Verizon employees tried master reset, didn't help.

Anything else can try to get this phone working again?

Seems to be a lot of problems with these phones, as noted by the enormous amount of complaints about this phone on this forum.

Am a long time customer of Verizon, so it's disappointing to hear from their customer service people that the only option is for me to buy an expensive new phone, or to go a less expensive route and purchase a low quality refurbished phone (the one that they suggested to me had worse reviews that my broken phone).

Am paying on already expensive voice and data plan and coughing up hundreds of dollars for a new phone seems absurd. Is it not reasonable to expect a smartphone to last at least as long a your contract period?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC Rezound touchscreen - Lemon?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi kschroder, It certainly is not too much to ask for a reliable device!  If a master reset was already attempted we should now review your warranty options in more detail. Please follow me back and send a Direct Message with your name and mobile number so that we can dive deeper into the account.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kschroder

Hello,

Thank you for getting back to me.

Am sending you a direct message now.

0 Likes
kschroder

I sent direct message to  - YaleK_VZW

Tried including Verizon Wireless Customer Support as shown above you message, but it said i wasn't "connected" so could send a message to that address.

Again, thank you for the assistance.

0 Likes
kschroder

Hello,Responded to this message several days ago at the link provided below, but have not recieved any further communications.

Regards, Kevin and Kelli

>>Personal information removed; please do not post personal information such as phone numbers on this public forum, that information should be shared with Verizon representatives via Direct Message<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
BOBD1950
Contributor - Level 1

>>Post removed for discussion of moderation.  Please send a Direct Message to moderator or admin_moderator   if you have concerns about moderation.<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
kschroder

Excuse me, but our information was published here directly from an email from Verizon that I replied to this afternoon.

I did not make the post from this webpage.

Additionally, you'll note that my earlier posts contained no personal information and alluded to the fact that I had sent customer service agent that initially responded to my inquiry a PM......which has still not been answered.

The customers service rep requested my name and phone number, yet failed to mention that responding to the email directly results in a post to this board rather than direct email communication.

0 Likes
kschroder

Sent another Direct Message (PM).

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

kschroder wrote:

Excuse me, but our information was published here directly from an email from Verizon that I replied to this afternoon.

I did not make the post from this webpage.

Additionally, you'll note that my earlier posts contained no personal information and alluded to the fact that I had sent customer service agent that initially responded to my inquiry a PM......which has still not been answered.

The customers service rep requested my name and phone number, yet failed to mention that responding to the email directly results in a post to this board rather than direct email communication.

When you reply to an email notification of a post in the Verizon Wireless Community forum, it is posted on the same public discussion on the forum. There is even a comment at the bottom of the email stating that too. - - >> "Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community."

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kschroder,

I am sorry in the delay in responding. We actually wanted you to send us the information via a Direct Message. In order to do this you will have to search out signature name and then follow us. Once you have done that you have an option to send us a direct message with your personal info. I tried to reach out to you to review but was unable to reach you. Please follow the steps I provided to send a DM and provide good time to reach you. If not you can also contact us at 800-922-0204 or *611 from your Verizon phone. We look forward to helping.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes