HTC Rhyme has 4GB eMMC Internal Storage - Where?
FAUguy
Enthusiast - Level 3
I've been using the HTC Rhyme for a few days, and the phone's specs say that it has 4GB eMMC internal storage. I've looked all over the phone, and can't it anywhere. Even when plugging the phone to the PC, it doesn't show access to the internal storage, only to the 8GB memory card. So Im wondering if this 4GB eMMC can't be accessed by the user directly? Has anyone been able to get to it?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HTC Rhyme has 4GB eMMC Internal Storage - Where?
Wildman
Legend

The 768mb is ram memory and the 4gigs is internal storage memory but it isn't doesn't appear to be accessable except to install Apps and app data.

The 8gig sd card is the only area with read - write access and i think you can only save data to the external sd card.

Page 42 of the owners manual explains the store drive access for the device.. Download from the support page for the phone.. http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/index.html?p=5758&m=

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Are you sure your not thinking of the 8Gig External Multimedia Card? Specs show 4Gigs and that isnt accessable, it is intended for apps and data only and not accessable.

Memory / Processor

• (FLASH/RAM): 4GB eMMC/768MB DDR1 (Actual formatted capacity is less),8GB micro SD
  • Processor: Qualcomm® Qualcomm MSM 8655, 1GHz
  • Phonebook capacity dependant upon available memory
0 Likes
FAUguy
Enthusiast - Level 3
Yes, I know what Im talking about, and that there is 4GB eMMC listed, which makes it sound like it would be accessible by the user. But I haven't found any way to get to it. For app storage, it says there is 146MB used with 768MB free. Naturally, the 8GB memory card is separate and has nothing to do with internal storage.
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

The 768mb is ram memory and the 4gigs is internal storage memory but it isn't doesn't appear to be accessable except to install Apps and app data.

The 8gig sd card is the only area with read - write access and i think you can only save data to the external sd card.

Page 42 of the owners manual explains the store drive access for the device.. Download from the support page for the phone.. http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/index.html?p=5758&m=
0 Likes
michellephq13
Enthusiast - Level 1

What you are speaking of is the 4 GB storage you have for apps and other such things. The memory is the MB that you keep saying you see. You cannot "access" the 4 GB storage, your phone will just automatically store apps, pictures, etc there unless you change it to go to you SD cart. The memory is where things like text, e-mail, and data from you apps is stored. That is what you are seeing. 

0 Likes