HTC Rhyme top 4/5ths of touch screen doesn't work/respond
orihime9

I've never dropped my phone or gotten it wet or anything. I just got it about 3 weeks ago. I notice every now and then on the keyboard the delete key on the keyboard won't work. It was getting more difficult to click on things in the top right corner and have it respond. Today, my screen froze up almost completely. The menu buttons still work, and so does a small lower portion of the screen. But I can't flip through menus or, do anything really. I can't even dial. When I work my way through verizon's website for help, I get to the "contact us" page and when i specify that my message will be about "my phone doesn't work" they say to call customer service, which I obviously can't.  Any help?  I have tried turning it off and back on again and it didn't work. 

----When I held the power button to turn it off, the touch screen suddenly worked so i could select the "turn off phone" option.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HTC Rhyme top 4/5ths of touch screen doesn't work/respond
AZSALUKI
Legend

i wouldn't try to fix this via emails.....or even over the phone. if you have already tried pulling the battery and putting it back in, then i would take it to a verizon store.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i wouldn't try to fix this via emails.....or even over the phone. if you have already tried pulling the battery and putting it back in, then i would take it to a verizon store.

0 Likes
orihime9

It seems to be working at the moment... I selected "restart" instead of "turn off" and it faltered a bit but when it finally booted up it seemed to be working alright... I hope this doesn't keep happening!  But thanks for the tip, if it happens again I'll take it in. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Suburban78
Contributor - Level 1

Why wait, call customer support and get a replacement now. My experience is that once it happens, it will do it again!

0 Likes