HTC U11 can't send texts
thucn

Ever since the August 2017 Android Security Update for the HTC U11, I haven't been able to send texts. I can still receive texts and send/receive calls, but I just can't send out texts. I've tried every messaging app, but the only one that happens to work is Verizon Messages, and that's only when I have a WiFi connection.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC U11 can't send texts
KELMAH17

What is the story w/htc and Verizon?  HTC makes a great phone but it is nearly a brick on Verizon. I'd love one but no thanks to the both of them for their inattentiveness to these issues. So sad to hear of the issues and money wasted.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

1), Try wiping the system cache (not the App cache, although for the normal messaging app, you could try that first):

https://cellphoneforums.net/htc/t435467-htc-u11-clear-app-cache-data%3B-wipe-cache-partition%3B-rebo...

2). If that didn't work - back up the important content you have on the device and perform a Factory Data Reset.

0 Likes
lwinstead
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the same issue with mine; two days ago I suddenly lost the ability to send a text.  So what do I do?  I rebooted, like I would have suggested to anyone.  Unfortunately, upon start up and ever since, I have no cellular connectivity.  None.  I now have a wifi-enabled paperweight.  I love this phone, and I really do love HTC, but Verizon absolutely crippled this device on their network.  I'm in the middle of trying to return the device to HTC, and I'll likely go with a Google Pixel 2 from Verizon (business account with them and I don't have a choice of carrier).  Such a shame.

0 Likes
JT-A

The same thing happened to me today. Is there a solution? Can anyone help me?

0 Likes
deafmetal

I've had the same issue(s), see my fresh post here:

HTC U11 CDMA-Less Provisioning / BYOD/LTE-Only Severe Network/SMS Issues

0 Likes
MELWIL97

I've had this issue as well.. Today I lost my SMS ability for the third time. I've factory reset twice already and will have to do it AGAIN. It's beyond frustrating. I've called Verizon who says the network is fine and it's the phone.. HTC says its the sim card and account settings.. I'm about to pull my hair out with the frustration this causes.. I don't have time to continuously factory reset, nor do I want to. I am NOT a technologically skilled person to be able to do the things some of the posters have done in an attempt to fix the issue. I just want the phone I pay so much for, to work properly with out me having to reset the thing.

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I rely on my messages to keep me connected and definitely want to make sure you can rely on your text messages, MELWIL97. We'd like to look into this together and figure out what's going on. Just to confirm, what is the make and model of your device? Have you tested a new sim card? What happens when trying to send and receive text? 

DanielleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MATROY2

This is still a problem.  I've spoken to Verizon on the phone, and HTC, and each of them blame the other.

This is really unacceptable.  Why did it used to work and doesn't now?  Does anyone care?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MATROY2, being able to fully utilize texting on your device is so critical.  Let’s get this resolved ASAP.  We have sent you a private message to assist you further.

SeanC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes