HTC and Google Contacts
Agunats
Enthusiast - Level 2

My wife has an HTC Desire 626 and is trying to add the Google Contacts app for it.  The app is not listed when accessing from Play Store via the 626.  It is also note listed when accessing via my Note 3.  When she accesses the app via her computer she gets an error message: "This app is incompatible with your device" any idea why?  Anything we can do about it?  The problem is that she can sync her contacts with Gmail but they are not coing to the correct folder.  I am told you must use Google's app for the contacts to show up correctly, but we connot get it to install.  Help please.

Thanks in advance... Bob

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC and Google Contacts
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The HTC phones will have a Contacts application. It might be called People though. You add the Google account in the original setup of the device or go to the Accounts area of the Settings to add the Gmail account. Once added it will sync any contacts saved under the Gmail account.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Explain better please. What do you mean folders?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Tap on people app

Tap on the 3 dot menu

Tap on edit tabs

Turn on tab for groups

Adjust tabs to your liking

Tap checkmark on upper right

Groups display correctly for me.

0 Likes
Agunats
Enthusiast - Level 2

Actually it is syncing the contacts okay.  My problem is that they are not showing up in the right place. When I access Google Contact on my computer they are not in the Contacts folder.  There is a different folder labeled "Other Contacts and this is where they all are.  Google, predictably says it's because I'm not using their app.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You don't have to use their app. It means when you saved your contacts you saved it on the device and not on Google contacts.

Go into your Gmail using the browser. Use the drop down in the upper right (Gmail with a triangle pointing down). Select contacts.

If you don't see contacts there. Then you may have saved to device and not Gmail. You can export and then import to Google contacts.

If they are there then Gmail isn't syncing like it is supposed to.

0 Likes