HTC one does not receive phone calls outside of home city
tgordon11
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've spent hours on the phone with Verizon over the past year trying to figure this out. I've gotten a new phone, we've done factory resets, we've done all the special * resets. I've uninstalled every outside messaging service (Skype, viber). No one can figure out what's up. The root of the problem seems to be an issue with call forwarding being activated to my own number, but just deactivating it through the * function isn't enough. I can call out, text, everything else.

One time they fixed it but the next time i traveled ihad the same problem and couldn't get them to fix it again.

Frustrating because I'm typically out of town about 10 days a month for work.

Phone works just fine in stl.  So bizarre.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC one does not receive phone calls outside of home city
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hearing that you are having something like this happen to you is very concerning and we do want to get to the bottom of this for you tgordon11. When you are leaving your home area does your phone show that you have service? What happens when someone tries to call you? Do you have any 3rd party voicemails on your account such as google voice or youmail? Please share some additional details so that we can assist.

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

tgordon11
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do have service. Im able to make outgoing calls and listen to voicemail.

It goes straight to voicemail for someone trying to call me.

I don't think I have a google voice account set up on my phone anymore. I'm not sure how to make absolutely certain, but google voice is not in my list of apps.

Thank you for the quick response! I would love to get this fixed for good.

0 Likes
tgordon11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also- they checked the service map and that is not the problem. Im typically in Houston and where im at in Houston had no service issues.

The phone I had before was in iphone 4. I don't know if that's relevant, but it took me a little time to fix the text message issue.

0 Likes
tgordon11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also when I make outgoing phone calls when im out of town my number shows as blocked. Which it shouldn't. That feature is not on. This only happens when im out of Saint Louis.

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Was your current phone number with another carrier prior to Verizon?

tgordon11
Enthusiast - Level 2

nope, have had Verizon continuous service for about 13 years

0 Likes