HTC10 randomly stops receiving texts
ashleemiller20

I've had my HTC 10 for a few months now and I've started to notice that it will randomly stop receiving texts (both from iphones and other Android devices). I'm never sure when exactly it happens but once I realize it, restarting my phone seems to fix the issue. However, those texts I did not receive seem to get lost and they never get delivered to my phone. I'm not sure how many texts I've never seen because it generally takes me a few hours to realize it's happening again. I've started sending test text messages to myself in order to see if my phone is working properly so if those don't go through, I restart it.

At first I thought I was just getting bad service but after switching over to wifi calls and texts, it still happens. It's happened both at work and at home so I don't think it is the wifi network.

I really can't be missing out on texts randomly so I really need a solution to this problem. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC10 randomly stops receiving texts
steveng_vzw
Verizon Employee

Getting all your text is a must, ashleemiller20. It is important to us that you are able to stay in touch with friends and family. We want to help get this issue fixed on your phone.

Are you using the native messaging app on your phone or another? Have you checked to make sure the phone is up to date with the manufacturer's latest updates?

Also have you tried clearing the messaging app's cache you are using? Here is a link on how to do that with an app Clear App Cache - HTC 10 | Verizon Wireless

StevenG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Slowstanggt

Any update on this? I noticed my HTC 10 had the same problem yesterday. I am using stock messages app. Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Making sure you receive all your text is important Slowstanggt. Let's make sure you get all your text. Have you cleared out all old/long text threads you no longer need and other data from your phone. How long have you had this issue? It may be caused by a third party application on your phone.

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes