Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
HUAWEI phones?
jechilt

Can we use HUAWEI phones?  I am looking at getting a replacement phone and like the new HUAWEI Ascend series.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HUAWEI phones?
firesafetybear
2G NetworkGSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G NetworkHSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100
4G NetworkLTE 700/800/850/900/1700/1800/1900/2100/2600
(1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28)
TD-LTE 2300

I could maybe work for Data only seeing how it has LTE Band 4, but no Band 13 or CDMA for anything else. It's more of an international phone to be used on AT&T/T-Mobile.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

It is doubtful you could activate them on Verizon.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Leader
Leader

As a general rule, you won't be able to use a phone not made for Verizon's network.  First, because Verizon is very picky about which devices connect to their network and second, because Verizon's CDMA voice network is not very common worldwide so most "global" phones don't include it.  Once most carriers move to VoLTE, this may change.

0 Likes
makaymor

They did approve the Huawei devices so you should be able to use them. How well they will work is not known. I am ordering one and will post the results. I am hoping it is a good option to replace my Droid Maxx that took a dip in the pedi pool. I have the edge plan and the phone will cost almost 500 to replace. Not happening.

0 Likes
firesafetybear

Approve? You can't approve a phone without the proper radios. If you don't want to call anybody or text, and just use data, you'll be fine.

0 Likes