Re: HUGE data usage from android OS?!
jwolta

meant it as after the reset the data usage increased. separate note: wifi data is twice as much as over the mobile net work.

0 Likes
Not applicable

As I as wi-fi doesn't matter. If reset means it resets everything to original then the apps are going to update themselves as soon are you turn on the phone unless they are disabled.

0 Likes
jwolta

why are you even talking? nothing you've said has been of help and on here and other posts what you say usually involves some kind of negative connotation or down talking.

0 Likes
mrsaross
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had this same issue on my Ultra. its ridiculous. I was on WiFi and used 3GB in less than 2 days....And 2.5 of that 3 was time stamped while I was on a land line with tech support and they remoted in. But they couldn't do anything b/c i agreed to the usage. Did i mention my plan was only 2 GBs at the time. I'm switching even if i have to pay the fees. which i will fight tooth and nail. Nothing has been done to help any of the issues i've had with this phone.

0 Likes
cheetah15
Contributor - Level 1

1) an easy right now fix is...<settings>Data Usage>toggle>"off" 

2) After that, while you have data open scroll down and each app you see that you feel you dont want to use or dont need right now,  tap it, scroll down check "restrict background data"

3) You also may want to go into your play store settings and choose update over wi-fi on

Then you can turn your data back on and you shouldnt have anymore extreme data use unless you cause it yourself through watching videos etc....

or

you can just simply turn your data off and on when you need it.

0 Likes
mrsaross
Enthusiast - Level 2

did all that.

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 3:41 PM, cheetah15 <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
cheetah15
Contributor - Level 1

meant "update over wi-fi only"

0 Likes