Has anyone got the Nougat OTA for nexus 6?
VINP310

Has anyone got the Nougat OTA for nexus 6?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: nexus 6 nougat
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ghostboy_02, we want you to have the best experience possible on your device. Software updates are sent in batches over the air, directly from the manufacturer. I apologize. We're unable to provide you with a confirmation or release date as to when this update will be sent to your device.

For more information regarding software updates for your device click the link below:

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/google-nexus-6-update/

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
WILLIE_GS

Straight from Verizon OTA i believe we are all impatiently awaiting for it.(for how long now?)

Dont know if signing up for beta will work for you as I started but it said "preview" so i stopped.

You can download OTA .zip file from dev site but cant promise you it will work without a glitch with V.

Shamu-ota-nbd90z-78a931cb.zip

Good luck.

0 Likes
Ghostboy_02

I haven't yet.  Although today I checked and on Verizon's website says that their newest update for the Nexus 6 it's Nougat 7.0.  I tried checking for updates but says I'm up to date...  So maybe they are just going to start rolling out or my phone isn't updating for some weird reason.

0 Likes
8xTom
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't have it yet either.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ghostboy_02, we want you to have the best experience possible on your device. Software updates are sent in batches over the air, directly from the manufacturer. I apologize. We're unable to provide you with a confirmation or release date as to when this update will be sent to your device.

For more information regarding software updates for your device click the link below:

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/google-nexus-6-update/

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
EDWALT8
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why would you send him a link that you know does not offer any answer to the question?

Darkurthe
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think Google is updating in batches of one, every other day because they do not have world class data centers... honestly this is ridiculous. 

trenton2008
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Android update installer software by Motorola linked to in Verizon's message above does not appear to work for the Nexus 6 and Windows 10 64b; looks like it's only for Moto models, not the Nexus 6.

0 Likes
Darkurthe
Enthusiast - Level 3

I talked with Verizon today, they said everyone shoudl have the OTA by now.  I pointed out I did not and that was why I was calling.

They are getting to the bottom of it.  Which is what they have been saying for weeks. So either they are ignorant or screwed up the update to my phone via Google.  Neither is mutually exclusive. 

That said I will be moving onto Project Fi.  I am kind of done with their incompetence, indifference and ignorance

Darkurthe
Enthusiast - Level 3

That is correct.  It is defective, it appears they cut and paste from the Moto-X support page and did not bother to either update the Nexus 6 page or never bothered to test.

Great due diligence Verizon has...