Has anyone used their phone data plan with an LTE tablet?
mishaparem
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've got a spare phone at home that I use when my relatives from out of country visit, and I was wondering if I can use that phone plan with a tablet? Verizon reps told me "no, because one is a phone, the other is a tablet". That makes absolutely no sense to me, since I happen to work with android devices, and there are much more significant differences between various android phone hardware than the difference in screen size that differentiates a phone from a tablet. So I thought I'd ask if anyone has successfully gotten Verizon to program an LTE sim for the tablet that uses their phone plan.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Has anyone used their phone data plan with an LTE tablet?
Not applicable

Going to take a guess here. The tablet doesn't have a radio to make cellular calls.

I know iPads can be used with WiFi calling using a app. But not directly from the carrier.

My nexus tablet uses magic jack app and net talk app and I can call or receive. So the information may be correct from the tech support person.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

Not applicable

Going to take a guess here. The tablet doesn't have a radio to make cellular calls.

I know iPads can be used with WiFi calling using a app. But not directly from the carrier.

My nexus tablet uses magic jack app and net talk app and I can call or receive. So the information may be correct from the tech support person.

Good Luck

Waimon
Contributor - Level 3

With a tablet you do get a phone number but it is regulated as a cell phone. A cell phone has to be set up that way and besides that you pay extremely different and lower amount with a tablet than you will a phone. As a phone can do some better things a tablet cannot do. For instance send and receive text messages over a cellular service without mobile data and not to mention the phone calls without the mobile data. Come on stop trying to be cheap and be fair to Verizon and the FCC.

0 Likes