Have you been billed more than your quoted price?
kslife1
Enthusiast - Level 2

In December i switched my plan to 2 smartphones and 2 talk and text the manager at my reatail store told me my bill would be $155 cause i have a 22% discount and thats what i agreed to But my first bill was $207 so i called the manager and she said to pay the bill that i would be credited back the over charge the next month. it wasnt so i called vzw told them what was going on they told me the retail manager has to fix it.I went to the retail manager she said vzw has to fix it so  i called *611 again they say theres nothing they can do unless i want to drop my smartphones and go out and buy phones without the data option.so i told them why should i haft to spend more money because i was given the wrong price on my bill my bills still $174 so now im stuck with a bill i didnt agree to and cant afford!

Labels (1)
Re: Have you been billed more than your quoted price?
Not applicable

Which voice plan, texting plan, and data plans do you have?  We can help you verify what the correct price should be.  That's all that matters.  They aren't going to lower your price to something less than what it's supposed to be.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That first month could have had partial month charges making it higher than usual. Was the quoted monthly bill including taxes and fees?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i suspect $155 was without fees and taxes. 2 smartphones on a plan with texting is going to be at least $155 (before taxes and fees)....and that's sharing VERY few minutes. however, if you get a 22% discount, it would seem like it could be closer to $155. we need more info. exact plan, how many minutes you share, do you have unlimited texting, etc, etc

0 Likes
kslife1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the replies, as far as my plan i have 1400 minutes unlimited text 300mb data for $20 on 2 phones.Before the smartphones i had 4 talk and text phones same plan for $133 month but i wanted a keyboard so i went to up grade my phone to one with a keyboard and the manager at the retail store looked at my plan and said the discount was only comming off 1 phone and not the whole bill like it should be and if i wanted to upgrade to 2 smartphones after the 22% discount my bill would be no more than $155 and she wrote it out on a piece of paper for me and told me this is my bill after taxes.But vzw support says she was wrong that the discount dosent applly to the whole bill just 1 phone.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Voice plan = $90

Texting = $30

Data = $60

Taxes and fees about $10

Total approx = $190 minus discounts.

Discount on one phone about $20

Total with discount = $170

This assumes the discount applies to voice, texting, and data.  If it doesn't, then your bill would be higher.   That might explain the difference between $174 and $170.  Also, taxes and fees could be higher.

0 Likes
kslife1
Enthusiast - Level 2

My data is only $40  $20 apiece i got it before it went to $30 apiece....How can i be told it's going to be one price and be charged another that i didnt agree to?And why dosent the discount come off the whole bill.I got screwed i didnt agree to this i agreed to $155.If the retail manager messed up i shouldnt be accountable for her mistake they should honor the price i was given

0 Likes
Not applicable

I don't know.  I don't know if what someone told you is considered a binding contract.  It might simply be an estimate.  You can compare your bill to the numbers I have shown above to see where the differences are.  I got those numbers from the current prices on this site.

0 Likes
kslife1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for your replies jimfitzgerald

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

this is why they give you 30 days to cancel the contract. i hate to say this, but you should have gone in with that first bill that didn't seem right to you, and figured it then, when you were still inside of 30 days. you could have returned the phones and canceled the contracts. the guy you spoke to was simply wrong about the pricing. it's a shame too, because they extimate these figures in their head while you are standing there, and i have yet to ever see a rep over estimate a quote. you'll NEVER hear them say "it should be about $190/month" when it's really only a total of $180. it's always the other way around.

just a thought, but if it is really going to be a problem for you, then you do have 2 fairly new smartphones that may sell for enough on ebay to cover an early termination fee.

0 Likes