Having trouble setting up my Verizon/Yahoo email account on my LG Ally
Ewaters13

I am both a Verizon Wireless and Verizon FIOS customer. I have an email account through my FIOS which is Verizon/Yahoo account, and has a @verizon.net address. How do I set up this type of email account? The only option my phone offers is through corporate (it's not a corporate account), so I tried using that option. When I entered in the requested data, I get an error message that tells me I am not using the correct server info. Am I doing this right? Can someone please provide the correct server info for a Verizon/Yahoo FIOS account? 

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Having trouble setting up my Verizon/Yahoo email account on my LG Ally
Geebox
Contributor - Level 3

Ewaters13 wrote:

I am both a Verizon Wireless and Verizon FIOS customer. I have an email account through my FIOS which is Verizon/Yahoo account, and has a @verizon.net address. How do I set up this type of email account? The only option my phone offers is through corporate (it's not a corporate account), so I tried using that option. When I entered in the requested data, I get an error message that tells me I am not using the correct server info. Am I doing this right? Can someone please provide the correct server info for a Verizon/Yahoo FIOS account? 

Thank you.

I don't remember if you have to turn on the mail forwarding option from the options section on the web first or not, like Gmail. You may have to set it up manually.

# Under User Information, do the following:

1. In the Your Name box, type your full name the way you want it to appear to other people.
   2. In the E-mail Address box, type your e-mail user name followed by @verizon.net.

# Under Server Information, do the following:

1. In the Incoming mail server (POP3) box, type incoming.verizon.net.
   2. In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) box, type outgoing.verizon.net.

# Under Logon Information, do the following:

1. In the User Name box, type your user name provided by Verizon Online.
   2. In the Password box, type your password.
   3. Select the Remember password check box.

0 Likes
Re: Having trouble setting up my Verizon/Yahoo email account on my LG Ally
moates
Contributor - Level 3

Geebox is absolutely correct! You can also check out this forum thread,  in regards to providing a solution for the port and security settings.

http://phones.verizonwireless.com/droid/community/viewThread.aspx?id=160349&category=tips

Hope this helps!

0 Likes