Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hearing aids and samsung galaxy
ShellyVR

ShellyVR_0-1662165428953.png

ShellyVR
‎09-02-2022 01:15 PM

I purchased Bluetooth enabled hearing aids in June.  At that time, I had a Galaxy S8 phone.  My audiologist paired the aids and then set things up so I could receive notification of phone calls/text messages notifications so that only I hear notifications via my hearing aids...meaning that only I would hear the notifications and no one else.  I upgraded to an S22 and lost these settings.  I contacted my hearing aid company and their response was:

"The behavior you describe is a setting in the Galaxy S22 itself.  There is likely a setting on it that lets you tell the phone to either send alerts through the phone or through headphones. You'll want to change that to headphones. 

Please contact your phone carrier for specific instructions on where this setting is in your particular phone." 

So, that is what I am doing.  My S22 Model number is SM-S901U and the hardware version is RE V1.0, Software info is: 4.1 One UI version, Android version: 12 

I don't know if any more information than that should be provided.  Any help would be appreciated....it has been a source of great puzzlement and angst.

0 Likes
Re: Hearing aids and samsung galaxy
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for reaching out. We want to make sure that you are able to use your hearing aids with your new phone. By any chance do you remember what settings your doctor use to pair the device? ~Roger

0 Likes
ShellyVR

I wish I did know the settings....but I don't.  When data etc was transferred from old phone to new phone the settings were lost.  That is why I am asking for help.  My audiologist cannot help as she is not familiar with android phones. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I understand. By chance do you still have the instructions that came with the hearing aids?

-Marshall

0 Likes
ShellyVR
0 Likes
ShellyVR
0 Likes
acraftylady2

Don't wear hearing aids and have a different Samsung phone but after they are connected to Bluetooth go to settings, Bluetooth and there should be a gear icon next to the connection that are the hearing aids.  Click that and see what settings are in there.  Mine has settings to turn call and audio on and off.   Next thing I would try is contacting the maker of the hearing aids.  

0 Likes