Help. Stock DNA 4.4.2 Can't Make/Receive Cell Calls
winggy96

Newbie poster here but I haven't been able to find any previous threads to help. A couple of months ago, my bone stock, HTC Droid DNA stopped being able to connect with cell phone calls. I can both dial out and answer incoming phone calls on Verizon, but neither party can hear. All other functions of the phone work normally: I can send/receive SMS, use Hangouts/Skype to VoIP, and use speech-to-text. The microphone and speakers clearly work and the cell problems are either using the handset, wired headset, or Bluetooth.

I've taken the phone to Verizon and they happily factory reset the phone for me with no results. The rep also replaced my sim card and I have explored all the steps on the Verizon help. Even in safe mode, the cell calls do not have any audio. Other than this, the phone is fully functional.

Prease halp!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Help. Stock DNA 4.4.2 Can't Make/Receive Cell Calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Winggy96, we always want our customer’s calls to be crystal clear. Having audio troubles on your Droid DNA is not the experience we want you to have. Let’s work together so that we work toward finding a resolution for you. May we have the zip code to the areas that you are having troubles? Does this happen on every call? Is this happening everywhere you travel to?

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Help. Stock DNA 4.4.2 Can't Make/Receive Cell Calls
winggy96

This happens on every call, everywhere from Chicago, to St. Louis, Atlanta, Knoxville, and everywhere in between. It seemed to have corresponded with an update in June; in the morning, I discovered that the phone had rebooted itself following an apparent update.

0 Likes