Help a new user: please!
unlightened

I just received a LG enlighten yesterday.  Had the e mail set up ( helped by me IT people at work); itw was fine all day yesterday and this morning.  This afternoon I started realizing that all of my e mails were getting "stuck" in  my outbox.  When I try to send them it says noconnection; but why are they getting stuck there anyway.  I saw a similar problem llisted, but the response did not help me.

Last night I spoke to the verizon suppport on the phone about the  roaming  flasher.  He also told me  to down lload the "juice defender"  coul that  have  screwed things up?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Help a new user: please!
budone
Legend

The outgoing settings will be different than the ones on your PC. Who is your provider????

You could try JD, I never saw any appreciable difference

0 Likes
nanners409
Enthusiast - Level 2

I to have an LG Enlighten, and my email works fine,(knock on wood) I think you should maybe try your provider might be some glitch. I double checked with mine and they were very helpful.

Good Luck!

0 Likes
bigtitan
Contributor - Level 2

Are you having any issues with any other applications that rely on your mobile data/wifi connection?  Figured I'd ask just to make sure you aren't dealing with actual data connectivity issues. 

What kind of Email are you trying to access?  Is it a personal email like yahoo or hotmail?  A corporate account that uses Microsoft Exchange?

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello unlightened,

I know how important it is to be able to send email at any given time!  I would like to assist.

First, I'd like to thank the Community for the great feedback & suggestions!

You mentioned, another Verizon support representative suggested to download the "JuiceDefender" battery saver application.  Even though this application may be a good app, by means of saving battery life, the application will stop certain features on your device like data connections to try and increase battery life.  There should be settings within the application to prevent the device from disabling data, or let me suggest testing with the application removed.  Also, ensure that Data and Data Roaming are both "enabled".  Lastly, soft reset the device.  Once the device is powered back on and you've reestablished a 3G connection, go to your email Outbox & try to resend the messages.  Hopefully, your emails should send correctly now.

Please let us know how this works out for you.

Thanks,

AnthonyTa_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes