Home Wi-Fi and Access to Home Printer, etc.
rkushner

When I connect my notebook computer to my home Wi-Fi, I also get access to my printer and to certain directories which I have made public to anyone who has access to the network (that is, the router).

Is there any way that my HTC Eris Droid can access that part of my local home network which I have made available?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Home Wi-Fi and Access to Home Printer, etc.
AFguy
Contributor - Level 2

Yes.  Download this free app from the market, 'ES File Explorer'.  I use it everyday on my moto droid to access my dell desktop shared directories.  Once you install it, you just need the ip address of the desktop you want to access and you can see all shared directories like windows explorer.  Very nice app.  Good luck to ya and let us know what you think. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
tocoty

where do i put the desktop ip address ? under the "server" when prompted??

thanks

0 Likes
AFguy
Contributor - Level 2

under the lan tab, add new server and use the ip address of your desktop.

0 Likes
rkushner

I can get into the "public" directories, but not the "shared" ones. It re-prompts for user id & password, but I am putting them in correctly. I even removed the password from my home pc, but that still didn't work for the share directories...

0 Likes
Not applicable

I just installed it and it works great.  I am able to get into any directory on my Dell laptop that I designate as shared.

0 Likes
AFguy
Contributor - Level 2

Good job Jim.   It is a great free app.  I love it.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I installed Printer Share on my Droid and laptop so I can print from my phone.

0 Likes