How Can I Access SMS After Using VZ Content Transfer?
raphael75

I used VZ Content Transfer last night to transfer my data from my old Droid Maxx to my new Droid Moto Z. I see most of the content, but I don't see the 6000+ SMS messages that it said it transferred. Where do i find them? Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how to access SMS after using VZ Content Transfer
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have had luck using this application to transfer all my messages from one device to another. I would suggest you give it a try.

SMS Backup & Restore - Android Apps on Google Play

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

raphael75 We know your messages are very important. We're glad to walk you through some steps and try to get the 6,000 messages restored. How did you confirm the VZ content transfer application has been downloaded to your new phone? If you open the application on your new phone, do you see a section for message content?

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have had luck using this application to transfer all my messages from one device to another. I would suggest you give it a try.

SMS Backup & Restore - Android Apps on Google Play

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
raphael75

SheritaH, I installed Content Transfer on both phones and activated the mobile hotspot on the new phone and connected the old phone to it. I selected everything to be transferred, one of which was SMS messages (& it showed >6000). I then began the transfer. It took about an hour, but it said it transferred about 12GB of data. I see everything on the new phone *except* the SMS messages.

0 Likes
raphael75

Ann154, thank you!! I was able to use the SMS Backup & Restore and it worked perfectly! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Lauratquinn

I am having an issue described in this thread. I used content transfer transferred almost everything. And I see on my phone that the storage is almost full. But I can't access the text messages.

0 Likes